[ale] Seth Nickell - Design Fu : mono

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat May 22 12:16:07 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 12:04, Geoffrey wrote:
> Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > My only thing about C# is that it is too much like Java. Java can be
> > considered IMHO as prior art.
>
> So where is Sun on this?  You'd think they'd jump on that one, since
> Java is not open source.

I've done Java and tried C# and honestly I can not tell much of a
difference.  One nice thing about C# is that you can interface with all
the Windows API's. I'm sure such a facility could easily be created in
Java as well.  C# does not aim to be portable so I do not understand the
need for byte-code class files.  Compile the source straight to metal
and forget about the other stuff.  The only benefit of the byte-code
would be for the transmission and dealing with objects as data.