[ale] Clarification - Fedora as a server?

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Fri May 21 12:01:52 EDT 2004

Learning curve is obviously a big question mark.  I have run AIX and (ick)
SCO in production, and am comfortable on solaris, and I've run debian,
slack, and RH in production linuxwise, so I think I've got enough
versatility to do a production move.

My biggest fear (beyond the dread of cyrus) is locking down BSD.  I think
I can compile things on any platform (I can get openSSL to compile on
Windows...I think that says something about perserverance) tho I don't
know how comfortable a package-management person would be making the jump
having always avoided packages on any OS.  And I know the philosophy of
locking down is the same from platform to platform...but I'm a bit nervous
about the specifics, like packet filtering in BSD.

And if I go with FreeBSD, are any of you on any lists that I could pester
when google fails me?

:)
jenn