To: Mark Angeli : Re: [ale] HOW2->run Mandrake/Suse CD versions & save data on shutdown ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Sat May 15 19:01:41 EDT 2004

I was not clear.

The Mandrake and Suse are on two different machines and run from the CD
in each case. They aren't "installed" on the HD.

After shutting down each time, I must reinstall all the aforementioned
with each reboot.

I'd like to avoid administering network setup, as well as newsgroups,
email, etc.....on each startup.

Thank you.

Mark Angeli wrote:

> Use the same home directory for both installs?
>
> Make sure that the user and group ids are the same in both systems.
>
> Mark
> http://linuxfoo.org
>
> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 14:40, Courtney Thomas wrote:
>
>>Running Mandrake9.2 and Suse9.0, how do I save such as emails, newsgroup
>>postings, setup-data, e.g. resolv.conf, hosts, Netscape bookmarks,
>>etc....so that upon reboot all is "there" ?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Courtney

s/v Mutiny
Rhodes Bounty II