[ale] OT:Hard Drive Switcher

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Fri May 14 09:26:11 EDT 2004

Are you talking about something where you can turn a knob and switch between
OS's ???  If so, then it will never work, as stuff loaded in RAM for one OS
won't work with the other one.  The article seems to not mention that you
still have to log out, stop the box, flip the switch and then boot up again
to switch OS's - so what's different from dual booting and putting one OS on
one drive and the other OS on the other drive ???  Dual booting these days
is incredibly simple - just remember to install Windows first then Linux.
Really.  I have for years kept my main box as a triple boot and once even a
quadruple boot.  It's not that hard.  And that's with any distro in Linux.

Greg