[ale] New scsi drive - restoring data from old drives

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu May 13 13:49:00 EDT 2004

Here's the plan. Just bought a new u160 adapter and drive. I will need
to transfer some files,etc from my 2 old uw scsi drives to the new one.
I have a travan tape drive I can use to transfer needed files. Is there a
better, safer way to transfer the files from the old drives to the new?
Some of the data I am concerned about getting corrupted during the
transfer if I use tape. I do not plan to keep the older drives and scsi
adapter in this box. My main concern about direct transfer from old
drives to the new drive is the drive arrangement (dev/sda1, dev/sda2,
etc.) changing and causing problems once the old drives are removed. I
do not have a cd burner so that is not an option at this time. Any
advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim