[ale] IP tunnel

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 11 23:41:52 EDT 2004

Is it possible to use the TUN driver to setup a VPN when one machine is
behind a firewall I have no control over?  If I'm at the airport and
have wireless access I would want a VPN into the home office.  At the
airport I'm on a private network so the home office would not be able to
ping my address.  From what I saw in the docs it appears that the tunnel
device meets in the middle.  What I mean is that the home office starts
boring and I start boring and we meet.  Normally I use pppd with vtun
and it is my laptop that initiates the the connection.