[ale] TV tuner card problem

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Sat May 8 10:57:08 EDT 2004

ChangingLINKS.com said:
>> All 4 of my bttv capture/tv cards were successfully auto detected by
>> SuSE.
>
> Mine isn't :(

Because a PVR-250 is *NOT* a bttv card.  It uses the ivtv driver, as
already mentioned.

The site's wiki, at http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php, has a load of
documentation on how to get it working.  Is the true issue that you don't
want to trudge through the docs?

The best way to approach solving a problem under linux with something like
ivtv is to read all you can find about it (even if it doesn't necessarily
pertain to your system) and then do a logical grep for the info you need.
You'll often learn a useful bit from one doc, a bit from another, and so
on.  Also, it'll allow you to realize where the driver-specific config
ends and the system idiosyncrasies begin.

I know many folks who've followed the ivtv docs and got it working just fine.