[ale] Suse 9.1 Consortium Update

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Mon May 3 21:57:36 EDT 2004

While we are in a holding pattern ...

The current membership as it stands is :

Geoffrey (maybe)
Eric
Greg
Courtney
Adam
Christopher
John
James

Estimated total purchase: $63 USD
Per individual for 7	: $9 USD
Per individual for 8	: $8 USD

Current Options to get the info:
	KSU gets it
	We purchase it at CompUSA
	We purchase it online and pay the VAT to help our European allies
	We purchase it online and screw Europe out of the VAT
	We invite Suse to give a presentation at an ALE meeting and hold them
hostage for (currently) 7 copies of fresh-pressed 9.1 goodness (preferred
option as it kills 2 birds with one stone)

Current options to share the info:
	One person burns 6 copies for everyone else and donates a disk to everyone
else and keeps the originals.
	We pass the original disks around and every person burns their own.  We
draw straws to see who keeps the originals.
	One person copies it to an FTP server and everyone downloads it.
	We bring a pc with a burner to an ALE meeting and make 7 copies
	We all bring PC's with burners to an ALE meeting and network everything
together, burning all the while.
	* all the above options but substitute DVD for CD

Is this thread taking a life of it's own or is it me ?

Greg