[ale] Suse 9.1 Consortium Update

ChangingLINKS.com groups at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon May 3 20:12:48 EDT 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 09:17, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> I'll chip in for a copy for Drew.  :)
>
> http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/suse/security/2003/09/msg00093.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/suse-informix@suse.com/msg00025.html
> http://www.netsys.com/suse-linux-security/2003/09/msg00097.html
>
> -Jim P.

Great!
I'll hold you to it. ;)
I am very interested in Suse 9.1 because my printer configuration seems buggy
(an issue that did not exist in 8.1 or 8.2) and they seem to have done work
on the DMA. (My DVD player crashes when it hits skips - and the DMA is
deactivated). I am very happy with Suse 9.0 overall - they have done an
excellent job of making the OS easier to use than any other OS that I have
come across. I like the fact that I can avoid the command line for weeks - if
I choose to - and how I can simply open Yast and add a program that I hear
about (for example, I read up on 9.1 and they mentioned a "new" music editing
program that I had never heard of. I tried Yast and had the program within 30
seconds.)
	Jim, those ISOs will get me by until 9.1 is available via ftp.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com