[ale] Clear BIOS Password - Dell Optiplex?

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sat May 1 18:35:59 EDT 2004

> >The jumper did the trick. I moved it so it is just on one pin, and that
> >disabled the BIOS password. I also removed the battery for kicks and grins.
> >Happily installing SuSE 9.0 Pro. Once a basic install is done, I'll install

> I am also working on getting Squid to work... Don't think I have enough
> memory left to run it though...Tell me about your progress on getting
> squid to work. I am working on the squid conf file as we speak.
> Emil

Squid's working! I need to go back and do my XFree86 config file, that didn't work out so well, so I'll just start with a very basic config and run from there. So happily vi'ing away, I edited my /etc/squid.conf file. I didn't do the  http_access allow all. Didn't like the looks of that at all! But as you are down there (about 57% of the way down or so) you will see an entry defining your networks. I'm not at the Squid server, so am guessing here, but the lines I visited are: acl our_networks src 192.168.1.0/24 and http_access allow our_networks

Then a rcsquid start and it's working.

Next up: fix XFree86 (I'm not a command line junky), then automagically start squid.