[ale] Virus and email header question

John Clark shogun at 12ftguru.com
Sat May 1 11:04:01 EDT 2004

I have been getting repeated virus emails from, ostensibly from one of my
customers. The kicker is, she's a mac user and the viruses being sent are
of the PC variety. Given that I use Macs and Linux I am not terribly
troubled about the virus part.

However, two things concern me. First, the subject lines are all in
regards to site updates. This could mean that they have simply done their
homework and know that I host a site for her. The other thing is the headers: