[ale] Linux Web cams

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Tue Jun 29 22:18:08 EDT 2004

Robert L. Harris wrote:
> The camera the whole time though never works with camstream or motion
> even though the driver seems to load fine.  I'm attaching the email I
> sent to the author (no response).
> Trying to find video options for Logitech QuickCam Zoom:/dev/video0

Did you try the module parameter "power_save=1" ?
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/:
	2004-02-01: Attention, users with a Logitech QuickCam Zoom:
        Wolgang Kruse reported that when he uses the "power_save=1"
        module parameter, his camera started working ....

Stephan Uphoff wrote:
> I am currently waiting for the delivery of "Logitech notebook pro cam"
> that I bought from overstock.com for <50$ for lawn video conferencing.
> Hopefully I can test it later today.

Works great and is now taped to my laptop.
( Microphone not yet tested )

If you live near Roswell we could try your camera at my setup or
you can borrow my Logitech 4000 Pro for a test run.

	Stephan