[ale] Linux Web cams

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Tue Jun 29 13:13:47 EDT 2004

> I'm a bit miffed at the Logitech as I got on VC model that works under
> windows, nothing under linux of course, and the new one which is
> supposed to be PWC compatable isn't.

What model ?

> I'm about to offer them up to a
> good home probably if the PWC driver isn't stabilized soon (currently
> horked in the kernel and the add-on driver is in beta for a new version,
> no updates).

Mhhh .. I just applied the (beta?) patch to the stock 2.6.6 kernel.
I recall that I had to edit a line or two (I think) and to manually
load the decompression module.
( There are tricks to do it automagically .. but something kept overwriting
my configuration files and I was to lazy to research the issue)
This really did not take a lot of time and works fine.
( I use it for videoconferencing )

Are you running 2.6.x kernels ?
I can send you my patched source tree if you are interested.

	Stephan