[ale] Procmailrc question

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 28 13:23:52 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 10:54:36AM -0400, Stephan Uphoff wrote:
> Otherwise your only chance is to filter on "To and CC Headers" - and this
> will not work for mailing lists and other "odd" emails.

Procmail includes a macro, ^TO_, that will check both the To and Cc
headers.  From the procmailrc man page:

       If the regular expression contains `^TO_' it will be substituted
       by `(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope
       |Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)', which should
       catch all destination specifications containing a specific
       address.

[snip]
> I would really recommend getting rid of the catch all ... there are plenty of
> email only providers allowing you multiple boxes for multiple domains with
> reasonable prices.

Agreed.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9