[ale] OT - FS IBM Thinkpad 390X laptop

Van Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Thu Jun 24 12:33:46 EDT 2004

here are the Specs for the unit

Intel Pentium 3 450 MHz
512 Megabytes Ram
30 Gigabyte Hard drive
24X Internal CD-Rom
1.44 Internal Floppy-drive
Integrated 56K LT Winmodem (I've gotten it to work in the
past with a little effort under Linux)
ESS Solo 1 integrated sound card
Xircom PCMCIA 10/100 network card
1 USB connector.
Leather Targus carry bag. (seen better days, has minor
zipper problems but still looks ok and hold the laptop ok)

I will gladly preload the unit for you with Your preferred
version of Linux (except for Gentoo, I don't have any
experience with it yet). With the exception of the Lt
winmodem everything works great in the system with Linux out
of the box. The Lt winmodem does work if you want to take
the time to get the driver for it.

Unit is in very good condition, on a scale from 1 to 5 with
5 being brand spanking new and 1 being ragged out I would
give this unit a 4

I am asking $450 for it, and I'm willing to ship it if you
don't want to drive up to my neck of the woods to pick it
up. I am not sure how much the shipping charges will be, it
will depend on the size of the box I can find to put it
in, etc.

I also have an Orinoco Silver 802.11B PCMCIA wireless card I can
put with the unit for an additional 50 dollars if anyone is
interested

If interested contact me either by the phone number below or
via email off the list.

Thanks and have a great day.

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept
      _
     -o)
     /\\
    _\_v