[ale] Mandrake 10.0 configure and make errors - whaaa?

Jay jloden at toughguy.net
Mon Jun 21 20:55:38 EDT 2004

Ad I mentioned, it does it with all of the source packages I listed.
I've got pork-0.99.3.tar.gz, naim-0.11.7.tar.bz2, and
centericq-4.9.12-1.i386.  I've compiled these on other Mandrake 10
systems with no problems.  the configure output is at
ftp://metafero.elon.edu/configure -- note that when I piped the output
into the file, the errors show up outside of the piped output, so are
not in the file.  .

Thanks for looking, and I hope you can help me figure out what I hosed
up.  The only thing different about this box than my other Mandrake
boxes is the security procedures I've run on it, since it's a production
server.  That includes following the entire "level on security" manual
for linux, from the Center for Internet Security.  I have no idea what
might have been affected in the process that would lead to this, or I'd
be trying to fix it, obviously.

-Jay