[ale] FS: Sprint Wireless Modem (Novatel Merlin C201) Works With Linux

michael d. ivey ivey at gweezlebur.com
Mon Jun 21 10:40:18 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I'm selling a Novatel Merlin C201 wireless modem:
http://www.sprint.com/business/products/phones/c201_connectionCards.jsp

Sprint wants $179.99 for a new one, and won't help you get it working in
Linux.  I'll take $100 or so (make an offer) for one about a year old,
and /will/ help you get it working in Linux.

I've used it very successfully on Debian woody/sarge hybrid running
kernels 2.4.2X, with data throughput in the 10-15 KB/s range.  YMMV.
Requires Sprint PCS Vision service plan and probably an activation fee.
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/servicePlansOptionsV2/DataPlans.jsp

They used to have an unlimited data option, but I don't see it.  $40/mo
gets you 20MB, $100 gets you 300MB.  Seems steep, but I found it worth
it when I was sitting on the beach, far from the nearest WLAN AP or DSL
line, surfing at moderate speeds.  Compared to the crappy phone line I
had, it was a dream.

Call or email if you're interested.  Work number is 866-235-7764.

 - michael

--
michael d. ivey        [McQ] : "If you aren't prepared to eat your
   <ivey at gweezlebur.com>     : neibor's [sic] cat, you aren't