[ale] Safe apt-get repositoris

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Jun 18 17:15:11 EDT 2004

On Friday 18 June 2004 03:53 pm, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I have finally had a chance to use apt-get on a RH9 workstation.  However,
> my question is how can you know that the repository is a safe one with
> binaries that are trustable?  Now, I am not asking how to secure a computer
> and I don't want to rehash how the only secure computer is one with no
> connections and so on ad infinitum....  ;-)
>
> I guess I am really asking where the best/safest repositories are for
> Redhat?

I can't really vouch for the safety of these, but I like 'em:

# Fedora stable repository for Red Hat 9
rpm http://download.fedora.us/fedora/ redhat/9/i386 stable   os updates
rpm-src http://download.fedora.us/fedora/ redhat/9/i386 stable os updates

# Red Hat Linux 9
rpm http://apt.freshrpms.net/ redhat/9/i386 freshrpms
rpm-src http://apt.freshrpms.net/ redhat/9/i386 freshrpms

## kde-redhat repository(s) for Red Hat 9 (yes, *4* lines)
rpm ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt fedora/9  stable
rpm ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt fedora/all    stable
rpm ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt kde-redhat/9  stable
rpm ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt kde-redhat/all    stable

--Michael