[ale] Recommendation for DVD burner

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 16 20:37:55 EDT 2004

I have the 8x with SuSE 9.1 and love it.  sometimes Linux can be a
little temperamental with the device so I use XP via dual-boot to burn
some items.

One downside is with erasing.  It seems that cdrecord even with the dvd
stuff can not erase my DVD-RW or +RW.  I have 2 burners.  One Sony and
one Memorex.  I can not erase in Linux on either so I use XP.

I've found good media at Microcenter.  The mdeia I purchase is the
Platinum DVD-R 25 pack for $19.95.  I originally thought it might be too
cheap but so far it has been very good media.

Me reccomendation is to dual boot your system between Linux and XP.
this is to erase R/W disks.