[ale] Apache on RH AS3 in RPM heck

Curt Smith chsmith at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 15 15:53:10 EDT 2004

I'm stuck in RPM heck on RedHat AS3.

All I wanted was to upgrade Apache HTTPD to a version that included PHP
4.x and a MySql PHP connector for MySqyl 4.x.   Mysql 3.x was native to AS3.

I've rpm'ed till I'm blue and now am stuck with httpd + php with no
mysql support.   Grrrr

What happened to the tar downloads that I dropped into /usr/local ???

I don't need to salvage the /usr/bin/httpd silliness that RH put there.
I'd be happier with a httpd*.tgz install that comes with the libraries
and php plugins that I install in /usr/local.

Any helps?

Thanks, curt

--

Curt Smith