[ale] Database front end?

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Sat Jun 5 21:48:41 EDT 2004

check out gdesklets too, if you are looking for a pretty cool use of
python: http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org/

Despite it's affiliation with the gnomedesktop project, it will work
with just about all desktop environments/windows managers (I use various
gDesklets sensors and displays with a desktop bg set by bsetroot and
openbox for my windows manager).

Adapting/writing your own desklet displays and sensors are rather
insanely easy, and its all in Python (and this is high praise, since I
generally have hated python over the years, mainly because I stubornly
tend to avoid OO programming).

Mike

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 12:40, Christopher Fowler wrote:
>
>>Isn't there a Gtk+ toolkit for python?
>
> Yep!
> http://www.daa.com.au/~james/software/pygtk/
>
> PyGtk is a rather nice tool set. Much of the RedHat admin tools are
> written in PyGtk.
>

>>On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 09:53, Jeff Rose wrote:
>>
>>>I quickly figured out how to create a gui in Python/Tkinter and I ain't
>>>no genius.  I find Python to be a sweet little language.  It is simple
>>>and pretty darn fast.  The gui stuff is a lot simpler than Java.  Though
>>>Java is pretty easy to get the hang of

>>!DSPAM:40c1f78b217851677317884!

Mike Murphy
781 Inman Mews Drive Atlanta GA 30307