[ale] Database front end?

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 00:26:57 EDT 2004

Not to be too clique, but try Java.

If you found .NET with c# easy, then learning Java won't be
much of a stretch. Mostly cuz M$ stole the design, but I
digress.

You can use the basic JSPs and Servlets or get a little
more fancy with some POJOs (Plain Old Java Objects) and if
you really get into it, some EJB's for out of process calls
or just to take advantage of the available frameworks.

Now, having said all that. Here I am, convinced by Jonathan
Glass, developing some dynamic page content LAMP style.

--- "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net> wrote:

> In a class I was recently stuck using VB.net to make GUI
> front ends for
> an Access database.  I've created a new database in MySQL
> I'm messing
> with and want to throw a front end of sorts on it to act
> as a sort of
> customer tracking systems.
>
> Any suggestions for something to hack this together with?
>  The VB.net
> was very easy to throw something quick and dirty together
> but I don't
> mind learning some new perl tricks or something.  My C is
> amazingly
> horrid and not worth re-learning from scratch.
>
> Robert
>

> :wq!

> Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID:
> E344DA3B
>                                          @
> x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one
> else.
>
> With Dreams To Be A King First One Should Be A Man
> 					- Manowar
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc