[ale] (repost from outage) -- Scrum?

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Thu Jun 3 11:22:50 EDT 2004

On Jun 3, 2004, at 11:05 AM, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> I can't do much more than recommend a book - AGILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
> ECOSYSTEMS by Jim Highsmith.  It is more general than just Scrum and
> might be a good read for you given the point you say you're at.
> - Jeff

"Mythical Man Month" by Brooks is a classic read, based on IBM OS work.
It explains things like why adding new core developers actually
increases production time, why heavily process-bound programmers can
only work 4 hours a day, how only 10% of the core programmers write 90%
of the useful code, etc. I highly recommend it to anybody who expects a
professional coder to work on the code 8 hours a day.

:-)

-Bop