OT: Google the new RTFM (Was: Re: [ale] Internet Access around Atlanta)

Jordi Bunster jordi at bunster.org
Fri Jul 23 12:44:15 EDT 2004

On Jul 23, 2004, at 12:30 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:

> This is all true and I agree with it. However, we have this problem
> at Lockheed. If you have a web browser open to anything but the
> internal website you are immediately labeled a "surfer" and are
> accused of wasting time.

I see you would also agree that the fact Lockheed does that is a
problem in itself, right? You probably waste more time waiting from a
reply from ALE than searching it yourself.

I don't mean to suggest anything, I just find the issue sad. I have it
pretty decent at work, but sooner or later things will start resembling
that, I guess.

Sheesh, "browsing". Imagine that they block all non-work related sites
then. And watch things not getting done as fast (if at all) as before.

Install a proxy on localhost that makes Google look like something
else, hehehe. Or, on a more serious note, get a Google client. Are
there any for your OS? (I know is a workaround for a non-problem, but
what can you do?)

	-- Jordi

() ASCII ribbon campaign
/\ against HTML mail