[ale] Configuring 2.6.7 kernel...input core support?

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Thu Jul 22 18:52:43 EDT 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 12:20, Christopher Woodfield wrote:
> I just downloaded and uncompressed the 2.6.7 kernel source, and I'm
> working on configuring it. I have a USB mouse, so I need to enable the
> relevant kernel support.
>
> The question I have is that under the comments for USB HID Input Layer
> Support, I'm seeing:
>
> "You also need "Input core support", (CONFIG_INPUT), which you select
> under "Input device support", above."
>
> However, under the Input Device Support section, this option is nowhere
> to be found. Is this a stale comment?

I find that parameter in /usr/src/linux/.config but I can't find it anywhere
on the make xconfig screen. I believe it's just set to "yes" if you enable
any input device, like a mouse. I am running 2.6.7 as well. So, if you have
any doubts before you build, just grep for CONFIG_INPUT in .config. My bet is
that it will be set to "yes" without you doing anything.