[ale] getting dosemu to print to lpt1

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Thu Jul 22 16:28:21 EDT 2004

Well, I may have asked too soon.  In case someone else has the same
question, here is what I found.  I'm inclined to believe that this isn't
the ideal way to do it, but it seems to work.  The documentation that
I've found all seem to talk about two files, the /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf
file and the ~/.dosemurc file.  I haven't found an automagically
generated ~/.dosemurc file anywhere, but the docs do say that the syntax
for the two are identical.  So, since I was confident that I wouldn't be
overwriting something that wasn't broken, I decided to copy the
/usr/local/dosemu/conf/dosemu.conf file (that's not the default path, I
don't think) to ~/.dosemurc.  I then started dosemu back up, and did a
dir >> lpt1, and it worked.  So, for whatever reason, /etc/dosemu.conf
(which was a symbolic link from /usr/local/dosemu/conf/dosemu.conf)
didn't even appear to be being read.  Anyway, it seems to be working now.
--
registered linux user # 73046

Nathan J. Underwood
Cyber Tech Cafe' <><