[ale] OT: Firewall purchase

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Jul 21 18:16:07 EDT 2004

David,

I'm sorry I've not gotten back to you sooner.  I've been terribly busy
.

I really am not motivated to debate this.  What I know is in my book.
I will note that a router that just does IP Masquerading (NAT'ing) or
throws away packets with the SYN bit on is not an adequate Firewall.
Any decent hacker can defeat such a device and hijack connections with
little effort.

Bob