[ale] Lazy User's Slackware Q: Want printer setup tool

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 21 10:33:33 EDT 2004

ALErs -

I have a soggy laptop with Slack-9.1 and want to add a printer (a remote
PS printer in fact). I have one printer installed with LPRng-3.8.22, and
want to add a second.

I've looked for something like the RH printer tools and come up joyless.
I read the 'PrintingCookbook' and gone looking for 'lprngtool' and found
nothing. I reran 'pkgtool' and looked for a configuration script and
didn't recognize any suitable hooks.

How should I add a printer without losing the installation I've got?

TIA.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu