[ale] MySQL 4 & PHP on Redhat Enterprise Linux?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Tue Jul 20 11:53:52 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with getting mysql 4.0 (or above) installed on a redhat
enterprise linux box?  My opinion is that RHEL is a waste of money, but since it's a 'done
deal' by our IT department I don't have much choice but to try to get 4 running on our server.
Installing the RPM was easy enough, but I'm having a tough time getting mysql support in PHP
(which is, I believe, provided by the php-mysql package.. but redhat's php-mysql package wants
mysql 3.. )

I'd compile from scratch but, again, this is IT's box and they want to have everything
RPMified.. why RedHat don't go beyond mysql 3 is quite baffling..

Any help much appreciated!

--George
George Carless ... kafka at antichri.st
Words are just dust in deserts of sound