[ale] Wireless toys?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Jul 19 11:14:18 EDT 2004

Basically, they have this setup:

10.1.1.254 = default router, in the main building

dlink wireless AP in Youth building with large antanea to link
  to main building

10.1.1.231 = one of the app servers in youth building
10.1.1.31 = youth pastor laptop in youth building

At odd times the laptop can't ping .231 and at some times it can't ping
.254, sometimes it can ping both just fine.  The dlink in the youth
building is on a 100MB switch, same as the app server.

For the laptop to get to the 'Net it is wireless to the DLink which
bounces it to the main building where it hits .254 and out.  To hit the
app server it should go wireless to the dlink, to the 100mb switch in
the same building to the app server.

I can't find any error messages or links coming and going, it's just
bizarre.

Thus spake james at sumners.ath.cx (james at sumners.ath.cx):