[ale] Hellsouth's wonderful email service

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 19:31:00 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 16:21, tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> I don't see any need to make my life more
> expensive just so I can email the thirty or so relatives with email on a
> monthly basis. Nor do I see a reason to double my costs and get a business
> line just because I'm running a network behind my modem. Etc, Etc.

Nothing, that I know of, in ANY personal/home-use IP contract would
prevent that.  HOWEVER, your means of doing such a task need to be
"normal", not as a business or commercial entity which might send bulk
mail to 30+ people through their own mailserver.   The key word here is
"server", and MOST personal/home-use contracts expressly prohibit them.

The fine print is there for a reason... ignorance is no excuse
(especially if you have a high school, or higher, education).

-Jim P.