[ale] Hellsouth's wonderful email service

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 14:28:38 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 12:58, Chuck Huber wrote:
> Well... The Hellsouth saga will soon be over.

No, it probably won't be.  Soon enough yet another person will want to
do everything you are attempting to do before they really understand
what they are doing.  It still amazes me that people are surprised when
their $40/mon internet connection has restrictions.

I am extremely glad that BellSouth is trying to control spam that
originates from their DSL customers.  No one behind a Cable/DSL modem
needs to send email directly to another server.  If you want to run a
mailserver.... lease a server or get a business IP connection not a home
user connection.

-Jim P.