[ale] [OT]Win2k domain setting is permanent?

Jonathan Rickman jdr at xcorps.net
Wed Jul 14 22:49:16 EDT 2004

Unless someone got...ahem...enthusiastic with an Active Directory group
policy, the local administrator account should be able to do anything. If
not, you might google for registry edits to undo the policy screwups. You
can render a system darn near unusable if you get out of hand with policy
templates, but as long as you can still get to the registry you can usually
fix it. What OS? An XP Pro box that has been totally locked down is pretty
tough to break and it is often not worth the time expended unless there is
data that must be preserved. It is rare to run into that though. Most admins
who have the knowledge to do that sort of thing generally have better sense
than to do that sort of thing...if you follow me. :)

--
Jonathan