[ale] OT - Timberline v3.5.0 & Dosemu

Nathan J. Underwood ale1 at cybertechcafe.net
Wed Jul 14 15:34:10 EDT 2004

Ok, this is WAY off topic, but I'm at a complete loss, and need some help.  I
have a client that's currently running Timberline v3.5.0 on a Netware 3.x box,
and they want to move to something else.  They have adv that they 'moved' the
Netware box years ago (hardware -> new hardware), but don't recall how they did
it.  Now, they want to move it again.  I had originally hoped to setup a Linux
box with Dosemu, use assign to mimic the drive letters that they were using,
and copy the timberline stuff over.  I've done that, but when I try to start
timberline (ts), inside Dosemu, I get an error 'Missing Term File'.  I then
tried copying it to a plain old MS DOS 6.x box, but got the same error.  Has
anyone got any experience with this, or a guess?  They only have a few of the
original install disks (circa 1983 & 1985), and the vendor is (for good reason)
saying 'no go'.