[ale] OT: nakes DSL

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 11 22:22:36 EDT 2004

Jim Philips wrote:

> Speakwasy has announced that they will be offering "naked" DSL
> nationwide. This is good news for anyone who wants to give BellSouth
> the boot. What details they offer are here:
>
> http://www.speakeasy.net/onelink/?source=residential

I just checked the line where I am moving to in Greensboro NC and they
can service this.  So I may be switching from Earthlink the Speakeasy.
I really like the 768K upload plan for ADSL.  Even the SDSL isn't too
bad for a SOHO that needed it.  Prices must be coming down overall cause
this type service seems cheap for what you get.

Speakeasy:
$70/month for 8 static IPs, 100 email, 1.5M down, 256K up, service
agreement, managed mail hosting and Linux support.

Earthlink:
$65/month for one static IP, 5 email, 1.5M down, 256K up, and very
little real support.

I am wondering if the more expensive SDSL plans aren't worth it in the
long run for home offices.
Dow