[ale] GAH

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Sun Jul 11 10:06:46 EDT 2004

You also can't take or give away the original copy of the constitution.
Nor can you ask that it be photocopied and have the copy given to you. As
a matter of fact, you're not even allowed to TOUCH it. I don't think you
can even take photographs of it. You're only allowed to look at it through
its case. That's some pretty strict RM, no? But you're free to purchase a
copy in the gift shop. So why aren't you complaining about that too?

Now that's not to say that e-book DRM is nearly as important as protecting
the original copy of the constitution. The point is, restrictions are
everywhere. It's just that some people choose to complain about only some
of them for silly reasons.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:44:57 -0400