[ale] FTP folder view not working in Konqueror

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat Jul 10 22:06:09 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 04:44 pm, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 11:17 pm, Jay wrote:
> > Is that something ?I ought to configure on my FTP server, or just change
> > my settings in Konqueror to use passive?
>
> Damn good question. ?You'd think there would be a KDE parameter to
> configure this, but I've never seen it. ?I imagine you should be able to
> change the defaults on your server.

Late reply...  Has this been solved?  The example site,
<ftp://metafero.elon.edu> seems to be down now.

Since I also use Mandrake 10.0, I played with and confirmed the strange
behavior the night this was first posted.  Could not find any setting within
Konqueror that made a bit of difference, and saw no need reply at the time.

Today while looking for something else, I found an FTP passive mode setting
under:  System, Configuration, Configure your desktop, (weird place huh?)
Network, Preferences.  Allready checked on my box, but wondering if
unchecking / rechecking, perhaps in combination with the other settings might
have an effect.
--
William