[ale] OT: Firewall purchase

David Hamm ale at spinnerdog.com
Tue Jul 6 20:33:33 EDT 2004

Sure, the network be hind the firewall is Frame-Relay, all the remotes come
back through the firewall for internet access.  I chose ospf since there were
version conflicts with RIP.  Now that OSPF is up and running I've found I
like it.  Its faster and more flexible.

My objective to hand the network off to an admin when he is found.  Having
OSPF on the firewall will insure every addition gets in the routing table of
all devices.  Unfortunately I can't find OSPF support on a firewall and may
have to re-broadcast routes in RipV2 from the Cisco router and the layer 3
switch on the backbone.  Which is less attractive because if I can find OSPF
support on a firewall all the routers will have basically the same config
reducing the opportunity for error.