[ale] Does anyone use apt with Redhat on the list?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Jul 6 11:23:21 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 10:13 am, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Just checking since I have a pretty high priority on getting apt to do what
> I want.  Anyone ever installed KDE to get K3B on Redhat?  Is it just easier
> to compile and install from source rather than use apt?  I haven't had
> enough time to research this thoroughly but what Googling I have done
> yields very little for Linux apt Redhat, or apt Redhat repository and so
> on.

I don't have a burner on my RedHat system, but I do install from the KDE on
RedHat sourceforge project: http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

Here's my apt config file: file:/etc/apt/sources.list.d/kde-redhat.list
## kde-redhat repository(s) for Red Hat 9 (yes, *4* lines)
rpm http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt fedora/9  stable
rpm http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt fedora/all    stable
rpm http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt kde-redhat/9  stable
rpm http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt kde-redhat/all    stable