[ale] Exim and SpamAssassin

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Mon Jul 5 18:35:00 EDT 2004

So I've taken the plunge and migrated my mailserver from Sendmail to Exim.
I've noticed some quirks in the behavior of SpamAssassin and its
integration with Exim versus Sendmail, and have been trying to iron them
out with no success. I also have a few other questions with regard to
Exim's usage.

First, my previous Sendmail/SpamAssassin setup would take incoming mail
marked as spam, rewrite the subject to include **SPAM**, include the terse
report in the message, and deliver it to an alternate mailbox. (spambox)
With the Exim setup, I've noticed that anything that spamassassin
determines is spam is rejected outright. This actually is my eventual
plan, but in an effort to tweak SpamAssassin's accuracy, I'd like any mail
marked as spam to be delivered to the spambox mailbox.

Secondly, I have a text file with a list of domains from which I do not
allow e-mail. This would be relatively easy to do in Exim's config file,
except this access file contains roughly 360 domains. How can I tell Exim
to look at this file, and reject the mail if the sender's address or
mailserver matches a listing in the file?

I've gone over the ACL documentation, as well as the Exim and SpamAssassin
docs to no avail. I've also read through dozens of separate websites on
SA/Exim integration, and none have proven helpful.

For reference, I'm using Exim 4.34 and SpamAssassin 2.63.

Thanks.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?