[ale] quick USB storage device question

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Fri Jul 2 23:16:57 EDT 2004

My device is actually a Hard Disk mounted in a USB enclosure.  I can
mount it just fine in my fileserver.  This is the output from it:
  Vendor: FUJITSU   Model: MHR2040AT         Rev:  0 0
sda: assuming drive cache: write through

However, when mounting in the machine that I want to use it in, I don't
get the same output (I get the output from my first email [seen
below]).  I'm using kernel 2.6.1 and I'm trying to see what's different
between the 2 kernel builds.

If anyone can see an obvious kernel option that I'm missing, I'd
appreciate a lead...!

Thanks again,
CB