[ale] close to home

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Fri Jan 30 18:26:11 EST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, J.M. Taylor wrote:
> I should apologize, and clarify:  I was not in any way attacking the tech

I probably should apologize as well...took it way to personally.

> was referring to everybody -- the admissions people, the faculty, the
> politicians, everybody who thinks it's just IT's problem and that security
> happens by magick, or anybody who doesn't think about it at all. Awareness

Don't you know - if you can plug it into a network or it has a microchip
in it, it's IT's problem.  User can't get the windows program to run on
that Mac, have IT fix it.  Can't get their account to balance, well it's
on a computer spreadsheet, so their errors are now IT's issue :)