[ale] Indian outsourcing

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Jan 30 14:19:48 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 01:10:56AM -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I realize that I am not going to convince you that you should
> START A COMPANY AND RUN IT HOW YOU FEEL IT SHOULD BE RUN
> and you are not going to convince me why companies should pay you 3 times more
> to get a task done (without demonstrating how you offer 3 times the value).

*chuckles*  ya know, that's what the people I work for did, ten years
ago.   But running it the way they want does not a level playing field
make.  But nobody ever said business was fair, eh?

When it comes down to it, the only way we don't lose a contract to an
Indian firm is because we have a client who values having a local
company do the work.  It costs more on their balance sheet, so it must
be more than about direct short-term financial cost to them, eh?

We're doing the best we can.  And ironically, it's turning out that our
best selling point is that we are indeed an American company.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
                                                           ICQ #1318444