[ale]OT It begins...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 19:50:44 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 01:24, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Spam harvesting often starts with the major search engines..

I honestly believe that spam harvesting as you know it is inaccurate.
No one searches the web for valid email addresses anymore, at least not
the worlds spammers.  Think of the resources required to search the
web.... bandwidth alone would kill you, not to mention paying someone to
develop a robust app to automatically do it for you.  I believe that
spammers have already collected 90% of the email addresses they need.
The rest are refreshed periodically with a simple Outlook virus (how
often do we see those?).

-Jim P.