[ale] OT: cheap barebones system in atlanta?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 28 07:11:14 EST 2004

George Carless wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:43:50PM -0500, Robert Heaven wrote:
>
>>I prefer http://www.pcusa.com they were next door to Ginstar but they
>>moved up to Peachtree Corners just off Atlantic Blvd. They have a great
>>web site for configuring a system.
>

> www.monarchcomputer.com are also decent.

Monarch puts together good systems, and I'll still use them, but I've
had some problems with them and they have some policies I don't care for.

I ordered a monitor from them.  It was backordered.  They charged my
card upon the order, but the item was backordered for 2 weeks.  I called
and canceled it, received a full credit, ordered a different monitor.
They sent me the wrong one.  I then had to permit them to charge me for
another monitor in order to get them to ship me the right one.  They
credited my account once they received the wrong monitor back.

Another policy I don't like is that you can not order over the phone and
pick it up at their shop.  You either order at the shop and pick up at
the shop, or you order via phone and they ship it to you.  I suppose you
can order it at the shop and they'll ship, but I've never asked that
question.