[ale] Dell Latitude CPt: Sound chip module not loading

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Tue Jan 27 11:34:03 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:27:48AM -0500, Dow Hurst wrote:
> I have a Dell Latitude CPt 333MHz notebook with the Neomagic
> 256AV/ZX sound and video chip, specifically the NM2360.

I had one of these.. man was it finiky.

I had it working with the in-kernel nm256 driver, but only on cold
boots.  ALSA at the time locked my laptop with its nm556 driver, but I
believe they fixed that a little while back.

Grab the current ALSA sources and try that; the drivers that come with
any distribution are out of date.  :)
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
                                                           ICQ #1318444