[ale]OT It begins...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 27 08:27:36 EST 2004

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I don't think you are correct.
>
> As I mentioned before, the local Linux group has already implemented
> such code. I am not *sure* that they overcame the "emails in the
> body" issue that you raised, but my guess is that they did. I can get
> more information on how to do it if no one in the ALE knows how.

It is not difficult to run a script over all posted messages in the
archive and either remove email addresses or modify them such that they
don't totally resemble email addresses.  There would the that off
occurence that would get something that's not an email address, but it's
unlikely.

echo esoteric at 3times25.net | perl -ne '{s/\@/ AT /; print;}'

The issue is how to implement it within the current mail facility.