[ale] Boot of USB drive

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Tue Jan 27 08:17:14 EST 2004

I'm contemplating getting a USB hard drive.  Is it possible to boot off
these?  What issues should I be aware of?

The reason I'm considering this, is two fold: I want to use Linux at
work (on the desktop), and because of deadlines, I don't have time AT
work to spend getting the entire system set up correctly.  On rare
occaisions, I might want to bring the drive home to continue work, and
I'm thinking it might be easier than building two matching development
environments and keeping both of them up-to-date.

David