[ale] Copying CDs with cdrecord

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jan 22 21:04:59 EST 2004

That is hilarious.

Thanks for pointing me to a presentation that I did a few years back.
This had a slide that did talk about how to make a copy.  using the
-isosize option.  I'm not suer how that works with non-iso cd's or audio
cds.  I have burned backup on CD's and DVD's that were in ext2 format.
Not ISO9660.  Hopefully that will not cause me pain. I do not plan on
reading them under Winbloze anyway and I clearly point out on the label
that they are ext2 and not ISO9660.  The only downside is the way I
create the image.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/img bs=1024k count=4400
# losetup /dev/loop0
# mke2fs -i 2048 /dev/loop0
# mount /dev/loop0 /mnt
# cp -dpvR /tmp/data_to_backup/* /mnt
# umount /mnt
# losetup -d /dev/loop0
# cdrecord -dev=0,0,0 -speed=2 -data -v /tmp/img.

This is okay right?