[ale] postfix problems with mindspring

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Mon Jan 19 17:33:00 EST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:

> All,
>
> I seem to have lost the recipe for sending postfix mail (from the mail command) to computers outside of mindspring.com.
> a simple mail -s test john < Message.txt works for the john account on the box.
> a simple mail -s test john at mindspring.com < Message.txt works for my mail from mindspring.com
>
> I can not send mail anymore outside of mindspring.com..

So mindspring's not relaying your mail to the rest of the Internet?

> I have distilled the main.cf file down to a readable level.  Does anything look obviously broken?

use

# postconf -n

in the future for this -- it prints all non-default parameters....

> myhostname =server.mindspring.com
> mydomain = mindspring.com

Are these correct? Everything else looked reasonable....

At any rate, try to send an email outside, then post what /var/log/maillog
says for that.

later,
chris